Forum - Questions & Answers

May 15th, 2019 - nate0922 7 

Level 3 & Level 4 Hospital Consults

The issue we are having as specialists being called to consult a patient at a hospital, our doctor(s) might write that he did a level 3 consult and we would use 99222 for in-patient or 99218 for out-patient OR for a level 4 consult we would use a 99223 for in-patient or 99219 for out-patient and often times our claims are denied because it states that it has been already billed by the admitting doctor. If we are NOT the admitting doctor what codes would we use instead for Level 3 (in-patient & or out-patient) and also for Level 4 (in-patient & or out-patient)

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.
Jun 4th, 2019 - ChrisW   141  1 

re: Level 3 & Level 4 Hospital Consults

The codes mentioned are only payable once per day and would be billed by the admitting provider, if your provider is doing a consult, he should report Consultation codes. Consult codes for New and established inpatient are billed with 99251-99255

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.
Jun 11th, 2019 - nate0922 7 

another question

So then, what is the consultation code range for outpatient services in this particular case?

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.

About Codapedia by InnoviHealth Systems Contact Us Terms of Use Privacy Policy Advertise with Us

Codapedia™ by InnoviHealth Systems™ - 62 E 300 North, Spanish Fork, UT 84660 - Phone 801-770-4203 (9-5 Mountain) - Fax (801) 770-4428

Copyright © 2009-2019 Find A Code, LLC - CPT® copyright American Medical Association